On our way to Mahabalipuram a week ago (see the previous post) we stopped at a more recent but equally fascinating site: the Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Center for Herpetology, established in 1976 by Romulus Whitaker. Its initial aim was to aid in rehabilitating the diminishing numbers of muggers (also known as “marsh” crocodiles in the wild). Now it is home to representatives from eighteen of the twenty-three species of crocodiles and alligators worldwide.
- Amanda on The Bare Necessities in India
- Sunny Sistems, The Art Company | Birds' Words on Mahabalipuram
- Books in Chennai, Part III: Higginbotham’s | Birds' Words on Saved by the Neighborhood Library
- Books in Chennai, Part III: Higginbotham’s | Birds' Words on Madras Crocodile Bank Trust
- Books in Chennai, Part III: Higginbotham’s | Birds' Words on Books in Chenna: Anna Centenary Library and Starmark